Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pass the Pasta Please -- Freshly made, NOT from a box!



My husband bought me this wonderful pasta machine a few years ago and I’ve been meaning to make fresh pasta for some time now.


And since he informed me he was making a pot of home-made pasta sauce, I thought no way am I going to have that touch “dried-from-a-box” pasta.


Anyway, I’ve seen fresh pasta being done on Food Network.  How hard could it be?

Well, it turns it’s really not that hard!  With a little help from this video from Chef Tomm (Thanks Chef Tomm!), I was able to get the technique down my first time out! 

Using my Kindle, I watched the video a couple of times, paused as needed wrote down the recipe because I did not realize I could download Chef Tomm's recipe (silly me) and then I got to work.



The first thing I noticed was the original recipe sounded like a lot, so I cut it in half and I still had a lot left over.


Also, I learned that "flour is your friend".  Use it.  Otherwise you'll have a sticky mess in your pasta machine and if you don't put flour on your pasta sheets before you set them out to rest, they will stick together and to your counter.  Ask me how I know...


 See my little pasta nests resting on parchment paper?  Aren't they lovely? I think so.



So how did it turn out?  Awesome pasta and awesome sauce!!



A  happy husband!













My first foray into freshly made pasta was a great experience.  A success through and through!
Janet J.

No comments:

Post a Comment