Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year - Happy 2015!


Well 2014 went out with a bang.  Did you hear it? Did you see it?  

 
If not check out this Fireworks Supreme Post by HOMmega (Official).

Isn't that awesome?

Hope last year brought all you wanted and more.

Now we are onto new adventures in 2015. 

What will be your adventures?  I’ve been thinking a little about mine.  

Thoughts. Roaming. Around. In. Head.

I would like to finish up my financial planning course at Boston U.  Yup, I’m one of those people.  Very analytical and also (in my mind) very creative, ergo this blog.

I would like to finally get back to what I consider my “fighting weight”.  You see, my hormones have been a little wacky for the last couple of years and my weight has followed suit!  Yikes and yikes! What a roller-coaster. Oh well.  Things seem to be settling down a bit so there’s hope.

Health is the name of the game here.  Seems my weight is finally starting to come off in dribs and drabs…very slowly.  However, I’ll take it.  Every little bit feels like I just won a lottery. 

 So, I will ratchet up my healthy eating, dial down my *ahem* party girl drinking, and keep on experimenting with my workouts.  


Just One!
I’ve been having fun with on-line workouts.  They are cheap. There's lots of variety.  I can do them at home.  And, they are easy to take with me when I travel.  I have a few uploaded a few onto my Kindle that I replay wherever and whenever I want.  Don’t ya just love technology!!

I’d like to not be so rigid in my thinking.  To be more in the moment, you know?  Also, less “judgy”.  It’s one of those things I don’t like about myself that’s sort of in my nature, but I’m working on being more accepting and open with people.  It’s hard for me as I have definite ideas of what’s correct and I’m slow to trust, due to past experiences.  I play it very cautious until I get to know you.  I don’t know why.  You all are nice people I’m sure...  It’s just that little gremlin on my shoulder gets me thinking that I should be careful.  And, caution is good, but being too or overly cautious can keep you from meeting fun people and having great adventures.  It’s a delicate balance and I’m working through it.

Also, I want to write more, cook more (healthy dishes and yummy ones!), and create more.  That should, hopefully translate to having more things to write and share with you on here.

So, here’s to our health, having fun adventures and creating fun things in 2015!

Cheers,
Janet J.

No comments:

Post a Comment